Saturday, April 19, 2008

And now a word from Seattle's tulips...

"AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRG!!!!!!!!!"

Remember last year when I was stunned to have snow on March 1st? That ain't nothing now!
Last Saturday it was 80f/30c. Yes, we knew it would rain again. As the saying goes,"April Showers bring May Showers." (I hear that other states have a slightly different version.)
Rain, yes. Hail, Ok.
But this on April 18th?
Photobucket
Photobucket
That is my blue car, visiting a friend in Mill Creek (just a few miles north of Seattle) and it had only been parked there for four hours.
The other strange thing, the snow was more like the powdery South Dakota snow. No black ice. Not the heavy/damp snow we usually get.
I have personally never seen snow like that here. And definitely never in April!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's snowing here today, but it shouldn't stay. Jennifer said they got 6 inches in Sioux Falls this weekend.

And no, this is not normal at all. We rarely get snow in April, especially the end of April.

We already set a record for amounts of snow here in Dubuque this year...