Gimme head with hairLong beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming,
Streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me down to there hair
Shoulder length or longer
They'll be ga ga at the go go
When they see me in my toga
My toga made of blond
Brilliantined Biblical hair
This is my hair on October 31st. Even though I didn't get to wear my Buttercup costume that day, I still did my hair like hers. In a week I would be cutting it and sending eleven inches off to Locks of Love.
I told the hairstylist that I really didn't have anything in mind and he should just do whatever looks best with my type of hair and face. The first thing he asked me was what my morning routine is - which I thought was a very good question. From this he learned that I like to keep it low maintenance ("an L.M., definitely"). It's not on purpose, it's that my hair just won't curl or behave so I don't even try anymore.
The woman having her hair done next to me was a professional photographer so she took a bunch of photos with my camera.So this was the cut - still blond though. When I saw the back I exclaimmed "I didn't even know my hair could do that!" Normally with this cut, my hair would drab and flat, but he made it look full.

The final result. I tried dying it brown. Either I didn't leave the dye in long enough or my hair is too healthy to soak up the dye (or I'm just destined to be blond no matter how much I fight it). A friend called it "ginger color". So maybe when I feel a need for a change in the future, I'll attempt brown again.
4 comments:
OOOooooooh! Cute cut!
But, um, you look like Audrey. Is that ok to say?
I'm a little scared....I haven't seen you in how long (in person) and I'm pretty sure you just got the same haircut that I did about a month ago when I had 8 inches cut off....
K- That's funny (yes, it is ok to say). I didn't think we ever looked related but it makes sense since she is basically my sister -genetically speaking. Hmm, might need a whole other blog entry to explain that.
Spike - You have to send me a picture of you with your (our) new haircut!
Others should know that Spike and I are both blond so it would look very similar.
Ah...I see new headshots in our holiday plans...
Post a Comment