At Thanksgiving, Mum brought back my hats from Eugene. This gave me a whole new audience to sell my wares. Actually, a lot like the theatre, I was just digging through them again (a little bit of a show and tell, too) and ended up selling some.Audrey models the black peek-a-boo cap she bought. I think that is one of the very first (if not the first) peek-a-boo hats I made.
(sepia effect done straight from my camera)

Susan models the star-stitch calot-with-rose. Kurchta had found a crochet book from the early '40's with this pattern and taught it to me. Although we changed it a little (it's too long to be a calot and I skipped the pumpkin stem coming out from the top).
See? I do more than just peek-a-boos and skull caps.

And this is me wearing the mohair (or close-to-mohair) hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment