
Thought I would share some of my favorite photos that I took at Cats.
I was putting on nail polish before the show since we were going clubbing afterwards. I looked at the silver color and thought they would look great as claws. So Munkustrap let me do his. And under the spotlight, they could be seen all the way to the back of the house.

The Magic Mister Mistofellees and Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat. While the costumes and make-up are based off of real cats, there is other things put in to the mix. I couldn't believe I didn't even pick up the fact that Mistofellees is also based on a couple of my favorite cartoon characters - Yakko and Wakko!

Because the makeup takes so long to put on, the cats would just leave it on inbetween shows on the weekends. This is a group of them, having just coming back from a restaurant. It was sometimes more startling to see people out of makeup, since I saw them more in it than not.

I felt like this often...
Originally cast as Carbuckity, he went on as Mistofelees and Mungojerrie as well. At one show he did Act I as Mungo and Act II as Misty! Pictured here as Mungojerrie.
There was always something happening to keep me on my toes. From injuries in the middle of a show to loss of headset communication - which is very scary on a show that you haven't been running very long and the sound effects are timed with lights you never get to see. The quick patch was to get me on a walkie-talkie. Unfortunately it had just an earbud - which meant I was running sound with only one ear. And occasionally it would fall out of my ear. A scary night!
No comments:
Post a Comment