Monday, February 27, 2006

But It's There, Just Sitting There

On the phone tonight, K-Lyn made the realization that I am now the WHMS freak-out age. This last year I've been a little apprehensive, almost embarrassed, to give my age. Which is odd because up until now I never really had a problem with it. I finally figured out why - reasons I won't put out into the blogsphere. When discussing these reasons with a friend, he convinced me that I was putting outside pressure on myself and that is not how the world sees me.

I can now say without hesitation, I turned 32 in Jan. But I was not freaking out about this:

Sally:
And I'm gonna be forty!
Harry:
When?
Sally:
Someday.
Harry:
In eight years.

5 comments:

K-Lyn said...

I'm not sure if I'm glad or sorry that I pointed to the freak-out age.

My freakout age is later. 37 to be exact (check back in 5.5 years folks!) pinpointed after an episode of Sex and the City ("that's my scary age").

But 32, due to WHMS, is a sort of squemish age. Just knowing it's out there. And we all know you can't take it back...because it's ALREADY OUT THERE!!!

Courtney said...

But the real question becomes, is your biological clock ticking LIKE THIS [insert Marisa Tomei foot stomping here.]

32. I'm doing ok with it thus far. Although I had to do some serious thinking when the nurse asked me how old I was at my last doc appt. I actually subtracted birth year from current year.

Julie said...

The clock doesn't really start to tick until your 36.
(you knew it was coming...)

K-Lyn said...

Thanks Julie.

You don't know how I cling to that line. Or, maybe you do.

Anonymous said...

As long as I continue to go out on week nights and my head is pounding the next day at the office, I can't hear my biological clock. Problem solved!

(Sort of like turning up your radio when there is something wrong with your car!)