Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow Day!

As a friend of mine posted, "Who knew you could get a snow day as an adult?"
I guess mine is more of an ice day. That's right, I'm stuck at home. I was just going to wait a few hours for the ice to melt and then head out to work.
I decided to check out the roads by walking down the street to Walgreens. I needed to pick up some milk, too. My street is still an ice rink. And another batch of wet snow is predicted to arrive around rush hour tonight.
I let the office know I wouldn't be in. The database that we use has a big glitch - I contacted the IT guys (in Georgia) the day before Thanksgiving. Yesterday it still wasn't working. I can't do my main job, so I don't feel too bad about missing a day.
I went to the milk section at Walgreens. Did they move it? Where's all the milk? There was just a bunch of empty shelves - not even the little half pints or chocolate. I went to the counter to ask about it. I was told they were all sold out of milk and the delivery truck hasn't been able to make it through.
Let's see, what can I drink instead of milk... the only other liquids I have in the fridge are three bottles of wine. Hmmm.

On the street where I live (noramlly the road is black).

2 comments:

K-Lyn said...

No fair! I want to spend a snow day with you... and the wine!

Anonymous said...

We had a snow day from the office last year. In honor of the snow day, those of us who lived in town went to the bar for the afternoon! By the time we left, it had quit snowing and the major highways had even been cleared. (I have 4 wheel drive so I wasn't too worried).

The problem here (in the Midwest) is not usually the snow, it's the wind with the snow. Can you say "blizzard conditions"?