Monday, November 20, 2006

Trick... or Treat?

On Halloween, my favorite restaurant has the best costume contest in the city. The prize is a trip for two to Porta Vallarta, so people go all out!
I asked Pic to go with me but she wasn't quite sure she wanted to go as she didn't have a costume. I had one ready for her in two seconds. At a Portland Rep garage sale, I picked up a costume piece - one of the book cloaks from Fahrenheit 451.


I just repeated my lavender costume. Decided that I was a bad drag queen with a Victor/Victoria angle (a woman pretending to be a man, pretending to be a woman).

I had an odd thing happen. I was doing a catwalk strut through the restaurant, did a turn and when I turned around again, there was a masked man standing right infront of me. He leaned down and gave me a quick kiss. Then disappeared into the crowd. His mask was tan and had fall leaves on it. Someone asked me how I knew it was a man. "Well, I felt stubble and he smelled like a man." I don't know if he knew a was a woman, though. I'm still waiting for a friend to confess, but so far no one has said a peep.





I actually didn't get to stay long enough to found out who won, but the way the crowd cheered for these two, they were definitely in the running. You can see the MC's in the background. One is a local tv personality and the other is a locally well-known drag queen.












Lots of Pirates - this was the only zombie one. There were also a lot of cowboys... which I didn't figure out til an hour after being there about the whole Brokeback thing.

















This guy looked SO much like Mr. Incredible. The picture doesn't do him justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yip, yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip uh-huh, uh-huh.