Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Father Texts Back

I kept meaning to write out the text messages between Dad and I from last December.
And since it was SNOWING with huge flakes around noon yesterday, December doesn't seem that long ago (of course, by evening rush hour, everything was dry and I had to wear sunnies).

In December, my parents took a trip for their wedding anniversary. These are the text messages between Dad and I during that time.

Dad, Dec 2, 8:23am:
Here today - gone to Maui

Me, Dec 3, 1:36am:
Wills paradise. Seattle flooding, revenge for text @ 8am Sun!
[I was ASLEEEEP!!!]

Me, Dec 3, 7:29pm:
2nd rainiest day in Seattle HISTORY. Enjoy Maui.

Dad, Dec 3, 8:49pm:
The surf is high here but the rain is manageable

Me, Dec 3, 8:53pm:
entire Wash. state of emerg. Nat. Guard called.

Dad, Dec 3, 8:53pm:
Holy Shit!

Dad, Dec 4, 4:30pm:
Saw a bunch of whale spouts and one breaching while we were eating lunch. They were in the strait between Maui & Molokai. Cool.

Me, Dec 4
Saw a fish swim across I-5 (on TV)

Dad, Dec 4, 9:26
We're suppose to get some heavy winds and T-storms the next day or so. All the islands are being warned. Adds to the excitement of a vacation.

Me, Dec 4, 9:56pm:
Pineapple winds caused PNW Flood. Enjoy the ride!

Dad, Dec 5, 11:52am
Gale force winds, lightening, sideways rain - it's a day at the Oregon coast minus the cold


There wasn't really a fish swimming across I-5, it just sounded good. It was just a regular street (behind the truck).

No comments: