Monday, March 17, 2008

It Happened at 2:22

I remember seeing one on TV a few years ago. A local Seattle blog showed a picture of one happening in Boston, announcing one would be happening here in Seattle. It sounded like silly-fun. But I was suppose to be looking after the giant puppy. The one I can't leave alone or he will... eat a car seat. I asked the owners, letting them know we would just be watching, and they said it would be fine to take him.

While walking through the Farmer's Market, a block from the event,
I could tell a few were carrying - concealed, of course, following instructions.

Then slowly people began to gather at the small city park. Some getting our cameras - everything from a news camera to cell phones. Hardly a word was being spoken. No one was saying a word about what was about to happen. As more gathered, people weren't concealing them as much. Some were blatantly carrying them out in the open, carrying them like a bag.


At 2:22, the whistle was blown. Shouts of joy and squeals of delight rang out as...











a pillow fight broke out!

1 comment:

K-Lyn said...

Ah yes, Flash Mobs rock!

I was fond of the "Tastes great! Less Filling" chant that took place downtown at 2 Starbucks that were accross the street from one another. I just stumbled upon it and then read my email later.

The only one I took part in was a mass congregation of umbrellas in Pioneer Square in August...the one month in PDX that it rarely rains. Silently...for one minute...we stood under our bumbershoots and then departed.