Having been born in January (turned 34, but who's counting?) I rarely get to see the sun set on my b-day. Usually there is clouds and on years that it may have been clear, I was probably inside a building, most likely one without windows (a theatre).
I decided to leave work early just because I could. As I was driving along the Viaduct, I was noticing what a nice sunset there was. So I kept driving to my favorite spot to watch sunsets, Golden Gardens. I couldn't decide which picture I liked best, so here is a slideshow of what I saw. Witnessed the Coast Guard with what looked like a rescue of boaters who had run out of gas. By the time they were near me, they were asking the men for their driver's licenses and it suddenly became more like watching somebody get pulled over on the highway. Totally anti-climatic.
This year the party's theme was "Favorites." I had taken a survey of friends' favorite things. One of them was "Favorite place to watch the sun set." - This was before I ever even thought I would see one on my b-day! Here are the results:
"Tie: Golden Gardens or south side of Cape Lookout, Oregon" (My answer, not knowing I would actually be at Golden Gardens!)
2 others came close with "Southbound Hwy 99 Viaduct" and "Cannon Beach"
Another one that would fit is: "from the edge of the land...over the water"
Similar to that: "a WARM, sandy beach with a cocktail" (the "warm" cancels out both my answers, though).
For the travelers:
"Alaska, where it doesn't set in the summer"
"The Florida Keys"
"Maui" (2 people gave this answer)
"Playa Grande Costa Rica!"
"Last night from the Citidel above Cairo was amazing. Maybe a new favorite?"
And where is your favorite place to watch the sun set?
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, Hawaii sunsets are practically cheating they are so awesome.
I'm a really big fan of being on a boat on the Willamette paddling at sunset these days.
And I'm totally looking forward to the sunsets in Peru. I'll report back.
Having just done sunset at Cannon Beach, that's gotta be there. (We went "away" for M's birthday.)
I kinda liked sunset over the Duke campus skyline, too. As viewed by my rooftop outside my tower room.
Post a Comment