I’m feeling very detached from the rest of the country. Since right now I’m working from 8am to midnight, I really don’t see news casts. I hear a little bit of it on radio when the alarm wakes me up. And looking at some websites during the day. I don’t see the direct effect of the hurricane unless I’m looking at gas prices.
It felt a little more real when I was at Bumbershoot. They had bins everywhere to donate to the hurricane relief funds. Michael Franti spoke about it during the concert. One of the points he made was about the helicopters being in
One of the people I was with that day will be housing someone from North Carolina after responding to an ad on Moveon.org (us NW’ers were kind of confused with that. NC?).
They are matching up people that need housing with people who are willing to share their spare beds.
Go to http://www.hurricanehousing.org/ if this sounds like something you could do.
Here’s a website that lists charities that are helping:http://www.care2.com/click2donate/katrina_howtohelp.html Care2 hosts my e-mail, so if you got an e-mail from me, they put that URL in the sig.
I have donated some money to Mercy Corps. I don’t have time, much money, or space. So what can I do to help?
1 comment:
Pray!
Post a Comment