Songs That Make Me Happy
1. Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles
2. Sweetest Thing (B Side Version)- U2 (the song used in this video is NOT the B-Side Version)
3. Hey Julie - Fountains of Wayne
Much better than "Julie-Julie do you love me" And not only that but they used it in one of my favorite shows when JD was dating a Julie.
4. Sugar Sugar - The Archies
5. In the Mood - Glenn Miller
Learned the hard way that this is not the first song to dance to when going out swing dancing. Need to be warmed up way before attempting this one.
6. Two Step - Dave Matthews Band
I always want to twirl when I hear this song!
5. In the Mood - Glenn Miller
Learned the hard way that this is not the first song to dance to when going out swing dancing. Need to be warmed up way before attempting this one.
6. Two Step - Dave Matthews Band
I always want to twirl when I hear this song!
yet another song that was featured on Scrubs. The music editor and I must be soul mates. Quite a fun episode where the song is a 'virus' and passes from one person to the next.
8. Birdhouse in Your Soul- TMBG
9. Listening To You - The Who's Tommy
Actually, it's See Me Feel Me/Listening to You. On my jogging mix I edited it so it starts when it gets to the part, "right behind you..."
I'm going to get goose bumps the first few times we do this in rehearsal. I hope this is still on my list after hearing it every day for three months!8. Birdhouse in Your Soul- TMBG
9. Listening To You - The Who's Tommy
Actually, it's See Me Feel Me/Listening to You. On my jogging mix I edited it so it starts when it gets to the part, "right behind you..."
10. Touch of Gray - The Grateful Dead
Originally I had this on my list because it always brings up a fond memory. But as I get to know the song on it's own, listening to the lyrics, there's another reason. I realize the song is a lot like me: Upbeat and positive yet negative all at the same time - and your never sure which way it's going.
The memory is of Father's Day in Eugene, Oregon, quite a few years ago (Jerry was still alive).
My family (parents, bro, aunt, uncle, cousins) were in a van headed to the cemetery to visit my grandfather's grave (he passed away in the '60s). The radio was on. As we got into the large cemetery, this song comes on. We get to laughing - here we are, driving around in a cemetery, listening to The Dead. Not only that but the lyrics are "I will get by. I will survive."
Sidenote - A conversation that actually happened. I think it is the best description of Eugene.
Visiting Midwesterner [looking around]: Is the Grateful Dead in town or something?
Oregonian [confused]: Uh, no. Why?
6 comments:
That is just freaky! I saw a rerun episode of Scrubs that had the Hey Julie song and I was thinking that the "band" should play it, but I didn't know who sang it. And then there it is on your blog!
You must be in my head....
BTW - The guys are all cordless now, so the guitar players can wander. I think they are getting serious...
Did your guitar player take my advice about his fx pedal?
Is the hum gone?
He's looking at the pick-up (I think it was called), and going cordless seems to have helped some.
Still working on my response to this. You took at least two that I would have written...
Is there a rule saying you can't use the same? My guess: TMBG and Beatles?
Nope. TMBG and U2...I actually don't like Here Comes the Sun much.
Post a Comment