"Why do you want to go back?"
uh, back? I've never had brown hair before.
"Oh, going natural."
I guess that means my real color is 'unnatural'?
I wasn't expecting a big reaction to my haircolor change. After all, I expected one when I chopped off eleven inches and didn't really receive any reactions at all.
Boy was I wrong.
When people saw me at the theatre, I got a lot of big eyes and jaw drops. K.D., who works down on the deck (stage) ran up to the booth where I was because someone told her about my hair, even though I would be seeing her in the Green Room shortly. This meant people were talking about it...
Rachel, who is 7, wasn't quite sure who I was, even after the kid-wrangler was explaining,"That's Julie. You know her. She had long blond hair before?" I had to get out my camera and show her a picture of me the day before. She still gave me a sideways glance like I was trying to pull a fast one on her.
One of my favorite reactions was from an actor. Before the show, I passed him in the hallway right before the show started, this being the first time we had seen each other that day. He didn't even glance down at me.
At intermission we were both out on the dock. He told me he like my hair.
"I don't know if you heard what I said before the show."
"You didn't even look at me," I said.
"That's because I didn't recognize you at first. But after you passed I turned around and said, [pointing] 'muh nuh ememnuh.'"
To make a guy incoherent... I'll take that as a compliment!
About a week later I was at a bar with the band. I was telling them about the comment that woman had made about me looking like a librarian."I mean, do I LOOK like a librarian?"
"Not with that haircut!" The bass player exclaimed.
3 comments:
And by the way, sexy lady, you should totally use that photo as your new blogger icon.
I actually thought about that when I put it up...
I'm serious. THere's something very "hello, Nurse!" about your eyes in that shot.
Post a Comment