er.. make that Cats Bag.Sharing the leftovers. I had a few things that I never got to post and its been a couple of months. Hopefully it hasn't gone moldy.
On the very last show us crew got in to the spirit.

Some things overheard at the theatre:
From an understudy: 'Can someone please teach me the orgy?'
From an audience member after we had dinner out with the actors still wearing makeup: 'That's the guy from the restaurant.' Did he think we were just practicing for Halloween?
From me: 'I want her to wear a condom for every performance.'
A friend brought me a rose when he came to see the show. That was the first time in my professional theatre career that someone not involved in the show gave me something (and a beautiful rose at that). The card is only funny to those that know the story. It says: Just Because You can hear!
This was at a club celebrating our 'last hurrah.' Can you figure out which cat is which?
PSA: Please practice safe amplification!'Used' condoms hanging from the lights. To prevent sweat from getting in to the microphone's body pacs, we put them in unlubricated condoms. One cat decided to display his.
On my bday I had to call my dad and say, "Sorry I missed you, I was buying condoms for work when you called."
These facts were read by our stage manager in the pre-show announcement speech:
"We went through 765 gallons of drinking water, 55 ice packs, 50 bottles of airborne, 700 feet of medical tape, 150,000 mg of ibuprofen, filed 30 injury reports, took 9 trips to the ER (some during the show), 377 appointments with chiropractors / massage therapists, 18 visits with a psychologist, and 25 rehearsals AFTER opening."

We closed on the first day of Year of the Dog!
No comments:
Post a Comment