luckily it was right there in Doe Bay, walking distance from our cabin

Ready to Head Out!

Pic turns to watch the Harbor Seal following us. You can barely make out his head (the dark spot in the water).
I believe that is Teapot Island (I've been known to be wrong time to time). A National Wildlife Sanctuary so we had to keep our distance as to not disturb anyone or anything.
You can see the Doe Bay Cafe (the green building) and a large cabin in Otter Cove. People wading in the water as well.
Coming back to shore. The boathouse. You can see the white board that we used to get the kayaks to and from the rocky shoreline. Days after, everytime I took a sip off my waterbottle, I still tasted salt - it was great!


Pic turns to watch the Harbor Seal following us. You can barely make out his head (the dark spot in the water).We had a few Harbor Seals that would follow us, trying to do some investigating, their heads popping up every once in awhile. I guess it's the adolescents who usually get sent out for detective work. Can't you just see a big old papa seal, roll over slowly and raise his flipper and without opening an eye say,"Junior, go see what that is." Or on the other side, parents tell the youth, "stay away from those weird floating humans!" which makes them want to go out and have a look all the more.
I saw a porpoise back and fin rise to the water level just within feet of Jeff's kayak, but did not see the full animal. Still exciting.
A kayak's rutter got stuck in the bull kelp and they were trapped (but only for a few moments). Must have been plotting revenge, a woman in our group took some seaweed straight out of the water to see what it tastes like fresh. The rest of us decided we'll keep to cooked. Wild fact: bull kelp can grow up to 8 inches a day.
I believe that is Teapot Island (I've been known to be wrong time to time). A National Wildlife Sanctuary so we had to keep our distance as to not disturb anyone or anything.
You can see the Doe Bay Cafe (the green building) and a large cabin in Otter Cove. People wading in the water as well.
Coming back to shore. The boathouse. You can see the white board that we used to get the kayaks to and from the rocky shoreline. Days after, everytime I took a sip off my waterbottle, I still tasted salt - it was great! 

Back on land. Another "To Do" on the Life List checked off. And hopefully I'll get to go again!
Me on the left, Pic on the right. Look Ma, I do wear skirts! (ok, so it's a splash skirt)


No comments:
Post a Comment