Friday, August 19, 2005

The San Juans: Beginnings

You know how people can think something is going to be so great so by the time you are actually there and doing it it is actually a let down because you've built it up so much?
This was not one of those trips! Orcas Island is just as fantastic as I remembered! The trip was marvelous, stupendous, wonderful, needs a new word to describe it!

I had such a great time. I was able to live in the moment, just happy being. And my two traveling companions and I got along great. No problems or conflicts ever. We each did what we wanted to do, even though sometimes it didn't match with the other two. So we went kayaking while Cassie slept. They went to a fancy meal while I stayed back looking at vistas and wrote. And everyone understood everyone else's needs, no one had to explain why they wanted to do it. Total simpatico.

They did give me some conditions for blogging this trip.

1. I'm not allowed to use my friend's name so I'm nicknaming her Pic (stands for Partner-in-Crime). However, Cassie said she didn't mind if I even use "Cassie Villalobos." Even though that is such a cool last name, I'll just stick to "Cassie" for space and time.

2. They have to approve of any photos that they are in before I can put them up on the web. So at first it will be mostly scenery and pics of me. Keep coming back to old entries because there will be more pics added, as well as me writing more story as the memory comes rushing back.



San Juan Islands, baby!

No comments: