Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Letting My Geek Flag Fly!









The Seattle Public Library's homepage led me to Anu Garg's Wordsmith.Org. Seattle Central Library pictured here (taken from their webiste). To see pics of the inside, go here.
I had to miss the speech Garg was giving at the library but I am now on the Word A Day e-mail list. A little bit of etymology and a little bit of humor.
If you don't want to have something in your inbox everyday but are still interested, check out the Word A Day part of the website. Includes archives.

One of my favorite comments, which happened to be from the very first time I checked out the site, he was revealing that chiro is Greek for 'hand.'

chiropter: a species of bats (who got their hands retrofitted as wings at
Intelligent Design, Inc.)


It also combines my interest in words with my interest in bats!

No comments: