We are almost done with our run, but Seattle Times has finally decided to give us a review. No, more like a summary, with a couple sentences of review at the end. At least they are nice sentences. So if you want to know the plot line, this would be a good source.
See my other blog entry for other reviews.
(someone asked me what OOTI was: Once On This Island)
And K-Lyn told me that she heard my theatre advertised on FM Satellite Radio on the Showtunes station. YAY! However, they said "in ih-SOCK-wa." I realized a lot of you aren't from or living here in the NW, so here is today's lesson. Issaquah is pronounced "ISS-uh-qwah." Next week's lesson: Puyallup and Sequim.
I just got back from my lunch break, where I went to the post office to get the Jim Henson stamps - and mail some bills. When I asked the woman behind the counter if she had The Muppet stamps, she got a big smile on her face. There is a quote from Henson on the sheet that ends "My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there." When just stamps can put a smile someone's face, you know you've got something special. He accomplished his goal.
There is a little bonus. On the back of the sheet there is a message from each Muppet about their stamp. It's hilarious! If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.
And now for some sad news that I learned today. It's about another person who celebrated life. A friend who has a private blog led me to this article. At first I didn't think I knew this person. As I've said before, there are so many people that I went to high school with that I never even met. I looked at the name, then looked at the photo. It wasn't until I looked at his smile that my memory was triggered. K.C.! I didn't know him that all that well, yet he always greeted me with a smile and a hug. He, just like Jim Henson, also made the world a little better by being.
No comments:
Post a Comment