Saturday, March 17, 2007

Pac-Bell SBC AT& Willie's

It was Spring Training, so the closest thing to seeing a Giants game was taking a tour of the ball park. This is only the third MLB ball park I have been to. The other two being: The Kingdome and Safeco Field. I have yet to go to a professional ball game outside of Seattle.



Two new owners announce the new 'no jersey' outfits. "We'll paint the numbers on their backs," explained one owner.
Also debated: banning Bonds from the human race.

I have also done the tour of Safeco Field with Spike. One thing I noted, Safeco has nicer visitor lockers (maybe they shouldn't...). While on the Safeco Tour, Spike called me in to the visitor's showers. "Do you realize where we are standing?" She said to think of all the players that have used these showers. I wasn't as excited because it was the visitor's showers. Sure, her guys had used them but not many of mine. So I told K we would have to be sure to sneak into the showers here. But we ran into a snag. The hallway to the showers were blocked off because of wet paint. Oh well.


Here's a slightly ironic sign. This is in the middle of the visitor's locker room. Uh, think who is on the Giants.









Statue of Willie Mays. Our tour guide tells us he takes a different entrance to the games because it kind of creeps him out to see a statue of his younger self.




Same statue, different angle. That was one of the things that surprised me about SF. I was not expecting palm trees. I figured we were too far north. It was explained that they are imported.


6 comments:

Courtney said...

I fully endorse the no jerseys rule. But can we wait until Randy Johnson retires?

Julie said...

The owners will take into consideration age of player and quality of physique.

Anonymous said...

The showers were blocked off?!? That sucks. But if I remember correctly, there was wet paint somewhere when we toured Safeco too. But they were getting ready for the All-Star game.

And I agree - no one wants to see Randy Johnson with his shirt off. That man is not an attractive fella.

Julie said...

Here's a coincidence - they are playing the All-Star game at Pac-Bell this year!

K-Lyn said...

So you only tour the All-Star ballparks? What a snob!

Julie said...

And built in the last ten years. Only the best for me.