Thursday, March 15, 2007

Downtown San Fran

My first day in San Fran. A different city with new things to explore...

We took the BART and got off at Union Square. The first thing I see: Starbucks and a sign to Nordstrom's [both started in Seattle]. K-Lyn and I played "Slug Bug Starbucks" the whole trip. Every time you see a Starbucks say, "Look, a Starbucks!" as if it is a rare thing and then punch the other person in the arm. I do not recommend doing this in Seattle - you could lose an arm.

We had lunch here at the Cable Car Coffee. It reminded me of a smaller version of Portland's Pioneer Courthouse Square. And as I sat, I stared at the red "Westfield" sign. When we lived in Australia, we had Westfield Penrith Plaza to shop at. Just a couple of years ago they bought Southcenter Mall here in Seattle. It was weird to see something foreign yet fimilar. It is an Australian Company, hence the spelling of "San Francisco Centre."



Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial

No comments: